Saturday, July 19, 2014

Day 3- Charisse's Chronicles


Hello Everybody! I'm Charisse! 

These past few days have been very exciting for me. Even though we haven't gone out to talk to people about Christ yet, we have been learning skits, dances, and just simply learning about the culture here in Mexico, so that we could be prepared to share the love of God.

One eye opening experience for me happened last night. We got a chance to build a shelter just like the homeless here do. From limited supplies, we were asked to make a shelter that would protect us from any weather conditions. Then the staff there sprayed water down on our shelter while we were inside. Just simply sitting there made me want to get out of there. It made me realize just how much we have and yet we always want more.

However, what made me even more sad was when I realized just how little we traveled from home to see a place so broken. Thank you for all the prayers back at home! 

No comments:

Post a Comment