Thursday, July 10, 2014

To Have Faith & Hope

Matthew 22:37-39
"Jesus replied, "Love the Lord your God with all your heart 
and with all your soul 
and with all your mind.  
This is the first and greatest commandment. 
And the second is like it: 
"Love your neighbor as yourself."

Both Owen & I have always been mission minded. In fact, that's how we first met, on a missions trip to Macau. So all the more, we are both very excited that we get to impart our passion for "loving our neighbor" with our two girls. 
For the 1st time, they have learned to share about missions & raise their own support. 

Here's an excerpt from their prayer letter:

Dear Friends & Family,

As I sit in our living room using my IPod Touch, I realize how fortunate I am.  God has really provided for me as a 6th grader. I also realize that there are many others who may not have the same comforts.

In fact, in the Northern Baja region of Mexico, there are many poor people who migrate to work in the farms and fields.  Knowing this, Hope (my little sister) and I have decided to join our parents in Ensenada for a mission trip.  

We like to invite you on this adventure. We also need your prayers. Your prayers will definitely be the fuel that gives us courage. I believe that without prayer, nothing will happen.     -Faith-


Hi Everyone,
I’m Hope and I like warm HUGS! I’m in Kindergarten. I want to go to Mexico with my sister. I like talking to Jesus and making new friends. I love being with my family. Thank you for your help.   -Hope-

No comments:

Post a Comment