Thursday, July 24, 2014

Noah's Noble Notebook


Hey, my name is Noah,
I am the beloved nephew of Owen and Grace and the cousin of Faith and Hope. 
Being one of the last few to blog, I have had some time to reflect on everything God has bestowed upon me this week. 

During this missions trip, I have been away from many distractions such as worrying about my future or watching sports events. I have been able to see some of the most beautiful traits of the One true God. For instance:

1. God Is Everywhere.
When we were putting on a church service this past Sunday, there was a language barrier. Yet, through the translator, we were able to understand one another and at that moment when the translator was translating the things that the Pastor was saying into English, I realized that the God I worship is the same God that people in Mexico and throughout the world worship as well.


2. God Will Speak To You If You Listen.
When we left on this trip, I was reading Matthew 7 and it said, "Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you." So on this trip, I was able to give all of my attention to what God wants to teach me and I learned to listen.

3. God Is Humble. 
The truth is that God does not need us. He is self-sufficient and can do everything on his own and yet He is so humble. 

One of the nights on this trip, we had an activity where a leader had scrubbed our feet and explained to us that we need to humble ourselves just like how God humbled himself. That has been on my heart, and He has called me to put my selfish desires and motives down, and live my life for God and live according to His plan.


This trip has been amazing, and as we all go back to our respective lives, I hope that we can not only be a missionary in Mexico, but we will take up the challenge and do the work of God back at home too!

Noah

No comments:

Post a Comment